Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Veiw

I had a great view for the first sing through tonight.  Sat on top of a ladder.  Watched and studied.  Everyone.

The cast. The musical directors. The stage manager. The producer. The tech director.

All in mode.  On a Sunday afternoon.

The view was certainly church to me.  Every person putting their heart in every moment. Soaking it in.  A glimpse of what is yet to come.

Today was the first time I was able to witness the process.  Was every note or lyric perfect?  No.  Were their joyful moments?  Big time.

That's the spirit that connects me to a higher power.

Many laugh off my philosophy, and chalk it up to being a show queen.  Not so much.  The breath of freshness introduced in the anthem (read:  Seasons of Love) triggered memories of my grandparents.  Gave me hope for all the shit that's happening in my life.  The shit in life we all deal with.  All about perspective.

I never imagined I would request the music director to sing through THAT tune three times.  How cool to watch people take off personal masks and be honest.  Everyone, despite their circumstances, in the same room, going there.  

It was a great view.

Bluntly,
Brigadude

1 comment:

  1. There are DEFINITELY spirits in that room. Spirits I have never encountered or witnesses before. NEVER have I felt the chills, experienced the tears, or DEFINITELY NOT THE SWEAT that is happening at Upstage.

    The Views ARE spectacular!

    ReplyDelete